Diabetes affects 4.6 million people in the United Kingdom and 415 million people worldwide. It is a chronic condition that necessitates lifelong treatment. Vision loss, nerve damage, and cardiovascular disease are all possible complications. Diabetes can be both physically and emotionally taxing.
Fortunately, receiving practical assistance can make diabetes management easier and safer. This course provides an overview of the most common types of diabetes, their symptoms and causes, as well as the role employers can play in assisting people with diabetes to succeed at work.
- What diabetes is, how it develops, Type 1 diabetes symptoms, and how it affects a person's well-being.
- Type 2 diabetes symptoms, causes, and risk factors, as well as potential complications.
- How people with diabetes can stay healthy, what check-ups they need, and how they can avoid diabetes complications.
- How diabetes can affect someone at work, why it's a good idea to notify coworkers about their condition, and how employers can make reasonable accommodations to meet their needs.
- If you know or work with someone who has diabetes, this course will help you understand their condition.
- If you employ someone with diabetes, this course will help you understand your legal obligations regarding their condition and assist you in making reasonable adjustments to help them perform their job.
- This course will teach you how to intervene confidently in the event of a diabetic emergency.
- This overview of a relatively common condition will be useful if you work in the healthcare field.
Unit 01: Type 1 Diabetes
Unit 02 : Type 2 Diabetes
Unit 03 : Diabetes Management & Complications
Unit 04 : Diabetes in the Workplace
There are no prerequisites to enrol in the courses.
Depending on the instructional modules, each course has a different length. It is indicated in the course details for each course.
Modules make up the course structure. The average study time for each module is between 20 and 90 minutes. The amount of time spent on each module is entirely up to the individual pupils.
Any internet-connected device can be used to study the course at any time.
There would be an MCQ Multiple Choice Questionnaire test after all the modules were completed. The questions must be answered online at a time and place of your choosing, and they will be drawn from the modules.
The test’s passing score is 70 percent.
If the user didn’t pass the exam the first time, he/ she will have more chances to retake it after additional study. The exam can be taken more than once.