Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mood disorder characterised by maladaptive relationship patterns and thought patterns. BPD can be extremely distressing, affecting almost every aspect of a person’s life.
This course will provide you with an overview of BPD, including its symptoms, causes, and treatment. You will learn how Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is used to help people with BPD live more fulfilling lives, as well as how social and medical support can aid in their recovery. You will also learn why and how people with this diagnosis may benefit from additional workplace assistance.
- What is meant by the term "personality disorder," what the most common symptoms of BPD are, what causes BPD, and why prompt and careful treatment is required.
- A description of how BPD is diagnosed, as well as an overview of the main treatments available.
- How Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) can help people with BPD improve their mood and functioning.
- The difficulties that people with BPD face at work, and how their coworkers and managers can help them get the help they require.
- If you know someone who has BPD, this course will help you understand their condition and, if necessary, offer support.
- If you work with patients or service users who have BPD, this course will help you understand their condition and meet their needs.
- If you supervise someone who has BPD, this course will help you meet their needs at work.
- This comprehensive introduction to the most common personality disorder will benefit anyone interested in occupational health or mental illness in general.
Unit 01: What Is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Unit 02: Diagnosis and Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder
Unit 03: Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Unit 04: Supporting an Employee with Borderline Personality Disorder
There are no prerequisites to enrol in the courses.
Depending on the instructional modules, each course has a different length. It is indicated in the course details for each course.
Modules make up the course structure. The average study time for each module is between 20 and 90 minutes. The amount of time spent on each module is entirely up to the individual pupils.
Any internet-connected device can be used to study the course at any time.
There would be an MCQ Multiple Choice Questionnaire test after all the modules were completed. The questions must be answered online at a time and place of your choosing, and they will be drawn from the modules.
The test’s passing score is 70 percent.
If the user didn’t pass the exam the first time, he/ she will have more chances to retake it after additional study. The exam can be taken more than once.